What is EDMopenSimDM?
EDMopenSimDM™ addresses mainly two business needs: simulation data management and engineering data archival and retention. EDMopenSimDM™ adopts product data management paradigms to engineering analysis to assist the user – both during product engineering and product operation - in managing and configuring design and analysis data. EDMopenSimDM™ has applied the solutions for archival of digital engineering data offered by the ASD/AIA LOTAR initiative. These solutions are based upon the OAIS-standard (ISO 14721). They cope with the recent move to model-based engineering, which challenges established methods of data archival.
The openness of the application stems from its use of international standards, mainly ISO 10303 for the representation of industrial data and particularly ISO 10303-209 edition 2 (AP209ed2), Multidisciplinary analysis and design. The target group for EDMopenSimDM™ are manufacturers and users of complex engineering assets, such as aircraft, spacecraft, and offshore processing facilities. EDMopenSimDM™ offers to them capabilities, such as:
- Single access to product structure, CAD models, and CAE simulation data of engineering programs
- Product data management in the engineering analysis lifecycle phase
- Customer access to simulation information for maintenance and support
- Linking of design, analysis and sensor data for improved engineering iterations
- Preparation, export and import of archival information packages (AIP) for long time data retention
- Resource management for engineering tasks
- Extensive graphical and textual browsing capabilities for AP209e2 data
- Interoperability with native FEM data, like NASTRAN™
- Data modeling, Database management, Rule engines and Web services access to design and engineering data
IPR / Licence
- The ESA Define project: https://myemail.constantcontact.com/ESA-Focus-on-ISO-Standards.html?soid=1103697758295&aid=RbtmVtUE7fo
- ISO 10303 Simulation and Testing (PhD work): https://ntnuopen.ntnu.no/ntnu-xmlui/bitstream/handle/11250/2585839/Relating%2bstructural%2btest%2band%2bFEA%2bdata%2bwith%2bSTEP%2bAP209_official.pdf?sequence=1&isAllowed=y
On request from email@example.com